Monday, June 30, 2008

Jekyll and Hyde

Sometimes I think my 16 year old has a split personality. At times he can be so agreeable,cooperative and down right fun to be around and other times - well, not so much. We are planning a family trip to Utah and he is not very excited about going, to put it mildly. One of his young men leaders, who has moved away, is going to be in church one of the Sundays that we are going to be gone and he is convinced that I planned this trip, at this time, just to make his life miserable. He thinks if he has to be miserable that his mom should be too and he spent most of Sunday being a pain. Now, I know I should just ignore him and not let him bug me, but that is easier said than done. He bugged me A LOT! Then today he is a totally different child. He did Health with very little prompting and no assistance from me. He happily changed the laundry for me, more than once, and without me even knowing one time. It is like a day and night difference. I wish I knew who or what to thank for this transformation because I really like it!

Message to my children - I hope when you have children and they don't want to come and visit me that you still make them come anyway, because I will want to see them even if they are miserable.

4 blessings to be thankful for today
A son - who did health happily and by himself.
A daughter - who goes shopping with me and tells me when I don't need things and lets me buy things even when I don't need them.
A daughter - who is willing to take care of some of my responsibilities so I can go on vacation.
A son - who thinks I have good date ideas and only makes fun of me a little bit when I suggest ideas that aren't so good.

No comments: