Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Glasses

For about 3 months my 15-year-old had been complaining that he couldn't see and needed me to get him an eye appointment. I had been putting my eye check up off, so I finally decided to make us both appointments. The doctor told my son he needed glasses and we found some that he was happy with. He was excited to wear them and show them off for a few days. When it was time for him to go to the beach he didn't want to take them and lose them so I told him it was fine to leave them home. When he got back he kept forgetting to put them on, accidentally at first and then not so accidentally. Today when I asked him why he wasn't wearing them he replied "I'm not wearing glasses anymore. I can see ok without them." I asked him why he bugged me for 3 months to get him a checkup? "Well, it certainly wasn't to get glasses. I just wanted to know if I could see or not." The thought patterns of teenagers amaze me sometimes.

No comments: