Wednesday, June 4, 2008

40th Birthday

One of my good friends turns 40 today. She thinks that is old and I am thinking she is still pretty young, since 50 is a whole lot closer for me than 40. A few of us went to her house for an early morning "decorating" party so she would know we were thinking of her. We were trying to be quiet and sneaky and things were going pretty well until the street cleaner decided to pull up in his EXTREMELY LOUD sweeper and converse for a while. Actually, we were still able to finish without getting caught even with the added noise. I hope she doesn't have to go anywhere in a hurry this morning.




I am trying to remember my 40th birthday and it must not have been very memorable because I'm not coming up with a lot. My friends did put black balloons in my front yard during the night, but the helium all went out of them by morning, so when I went out it looked like I had all these black bowling balls laying in my grass. I know we did lunch and I'm thinking it was a pot luck at a friend's house, but I'm not sure about that. Turning 30 was a lot more traumatic for me than turning 40. I do remember that. My oldest child started Kindergarten on my 30th birthday and that was a difficult day for me. It was hard to let my little girl leave home, even if it was only for 3 hours a day.

No comments: