Monday, June 16, 2008

The vacation is definitely over

Well, it's a good thing I enjoyed my get away because real life was more than ready to welcome me home today. I was suppose to have a salad made and delivered to the church before 10:00 this morning for a funeral. This doesn't sound so difficult except that every single piece of clothing that I own, that fits, except for a muu-muu looking dress and two pair of sweat pants was in the laundry. I sorted the clothes and started the wash and thought I could get some clothes clean in time to run to the store and still get the salad made, but it just seemed to take longer than it should. I finally put on the dress, since it was already close to 100 degrees outside, and went to the store, made the salad and got it to the church at 9:59. At least I wasn't the last person to show up. Then I spent most of the rest of the day trying to convince my teenage son to do his online health or assisting said son with said health in between loads of laundry, sorting mail and newspapers and picking up the house. I don't know why keeping a clean house is so difficult for me, but it seems like there is so much that needs done that I can't decide where to even begin and get discouraged before I get started. I need to just do something everyday and hopefully eventually I will notice a difference. I sure do miss the cool breezes of California. This hot weather is yucky!

No comments: