Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I love a bargain!

Tonight my oldest daughter and I went shopping at JoAnn's. She was thinking that she would like to make some pajama pants and the patterns were on sale there. Of course I was willing to accompany her on her outing. We had a lot of fun looking at patterns and even bought a couple. They are a lot more tempting when they are 2 for $3.00 rather than $15.00 each. When I went to the beach I had looked through my vast supply of unfinished, or unstarted, projects to see if I had something I would like to take to work on. I found a package of 6 printed cross-stitch quilt blocks that I bought a couple of years ago because they were a bargain at the the Ben Franklin going out of business sale. I had bought a lot of different packages and given them to my mom because she is from the generation that doesn't believe in just sitting and doing nothing while the TV is on. This package was the only one of this pattern and so isn't really big enough to make a quilt. I kept it for me thinking that I might actually be able to finish six blocks and sew them into a baby quilt before my first grandchild was born. However, I couldn't decide what color I wanted to cross-stitch them in. I looked for some fabric to put with them but could never find anything that spoke to me so they got put away in a basket. My mom was working on a set of blocks when she was here visiting earlier this month and I was reminded that I like to cross-stitch, so when I saw these blocks I pulled them out. I still couldn't decide what color to do them so they didn't get worked on at the beach, but while I was at JoAnn's tonight I found some tiny flowered print on the clearance table and decided it was what I was looking for. The fact that it was on sale for $1.50 a yard helped me to make up my mind. Unfortunately, the embroidery floss wasn't on sale, so now I have to wait for it to be cheap before I can start the blocks. No wonder I never finish any of my projects. At JoAnn's I also found a wedding photo album that I thought was cute. I have been thinking I needed something to put some pictures of my oldest's wedding in so I can show them off. It was on clearance for $2.97 which clinched the deal for me. Do see now that I have a sickness? Anyway, the most exciting part was when the clerk rang it up, it rang up at $1.87. What a bargain!! I am so good at this!!! I am writing about these projects with the hope that making them public will encourage me to actually finish them. Stay tuned in to see if it really happens. I wish I were as good at accomplishing my goals as I am at finding good deals.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Diane,

I got an email from Grandma listing your blog address in it. I have had a fun afternoon getting caught up on your life. :) I think I know why you aren't getting your "projects" done--you think blogging is much funner. Your family continues to do lots of fun and exciting things. We have had about 4 warm days in the past two months here in Washington. We are ready for summer to arrive and it sounds like you are ready for it to end.