Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Childhood Memory

Tonight some of us went shopping at Target, one of my favorite activities. I especially like their end cap clearance items and their dollar bins at the front of the store. While digging through the dollar stuff I chanced upon an item that brought back some wonderful childhood memories. I found a package of 50 martini hangers. Now you may be wondering why martini hangers would be a part of a young Mormon girl's childhood. Actually it wasn't until tonight that I had ever had a name for these memorable items. I doubt I even knew what a martini was at the time. When I was growing up we use to take frequent trips to Midway to the Timp Freeze (I think that was the name of the place) to buy their soft serve sherbet cones. They were the most delicious things in the whole world. I loved the way they tasted, but even more I loved the tiny, plastic toy that came poked into the twirl. I seem to remember my brother enjoying the plastic swords the best, because they were great things to torture his little sister with, but I loved the animals and the occasional mermaid. I had a pretty large collection of the colorful little creatures at one time and I each and every one of them was important to me. Now you know why I love Target. All those wonderful memories for only $1.00. Now I just need to find me a sherbet cone machine and I can really re-live my childhood!

No comments: