Monday, June 2, 2008

Brown Licorice


All my life I have loved Twizzlers brown licorice. It is one of my favorite treats. Recently I haven't been able to find it in any of the stores I frequent. I was really excited today when I was at Albertson's and saw they had some. I quickly bought a package. I made it all the way to the car before I ripped the bag open and pulled out a piece. Something looked wrong. There were holes in the ends of the licorice. Anyone who loves brown licorice knows the ends should be sealed closed. Also the sticks seemed to have put on a little bit of weight, but hey, who am I to judge someone for a weight gain. I was so sad when I took my first bite and realized that apparently the recipe has changed. This was not my much loved brown licorice, but an imposter. What was Hershey's thinking when they had to change a good thing?

No comments: