Thursday, June 12, 2008

The daughter's dolphin calling ability

There are not a lot of rules that we have at the beach, but there are a few. One of them is that if anyone spots a dolphin out in the ocean from our balcony that they inform everyone else, unless of course everyone else is asleep. I enjoy going out in the early morning and watching the waves, from the deck, while I read my book and have spotted a few groups of dolphins, but I haven't shared the experience because I have been the only one up. My daughter doesn't think this is fair, but if I tried to get her up and outside, by the time she got there the dolphins would be gone anyway. This afternoon I was typing recipes into the computer and she was watching TV. One of the other ladies came and stood by her, looking out the sliding door and said to my daughter, "Can you please tell a dolphin to swim past right now so I can see one before we have to go home." Being the accommodating child that she is she said, "Dolphin, swim past right now so Sis. ____ can see you." Sis. _____ gazed out the window for less than a minute before she said, "Look, there's a dolphin." At the same time, 2 other ladies who were sunning on the deck turned around and said, "Do you see that dolphin?" We all enjoyed watching it jump through the waves for a couple of minutes before it was gone. I never knew the daughter had such a talent!

No comments: