Monday, June 2, 2008

Life is so not fair!

So my eldest son and I had dentist appointments today. He probably wouldn't recognize a package of dental floss if you showed it to him. Not really, but you get what I mean. I, on the other hand, have religiously brushed and flossed my teeth EVERY DAY for at least the last 6 years. Guess who has a cavity? Not only a cavity but a tooth that will require a $1000 crown! Now, I will admit that I have not always flossed my teeth and there were those "lean" years where I couldn't even afford a dentist appointment let alone a crown when my teeth got very neglected, but still I say "Life is not fair"! I mean, not only did I have the cavity, but he also got the last parking spot and the blue toothbrush. Something is just wrong here. I'm just grateful we have good insurance that will pay for most of my bill. Hopefully my son will always be able to say "Look mom, no cavities".

Message to my Children - It's a lot better to take the 5 minutes required to brush and floss now than to have to live with the consequences of not doing it later on.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You Brat!! Here we are talking about this blog thing and the whole time you have one. The secret is out now, and guess what I am going to post a link on my page. HaHa. Oh yes, and we took those pictures ourselves thank you very much.