Monday, June 16, 2008

Unwanted beach souvenir

I came home from the beach with one souvenir that I really didn't want. On the up and down rollercoaster of weight loss in my life it seems like lately there has been a lot more up than down. I have been telling myself that there is a certain weight that I refuse to weigh more than ever again and I have managed to stay under it for quite a while. Well, when I weighed myself this morning all those miniature candy bars, delicious desserts and fabulous meals that I so enjoyed this past week didn't seem so enjoyable any more. There was that number on the scale that I swore would never appear again! I was not really shocked but definitely not happy. I wish food was not such a big issue in my life and that I could seem to exercise more self control, or maybe just exercise, but wishing really isn't going to change anything. I need to once again recommit to making some much needed changes. Why, oh why, do our choices always catch up with us??

One of my good friends shared this picture with me of the CORRECT WAY TO WEIGH OURSELVES. It gave me a good laugh. Maybe this is the actual problem. I am not overweight. I was just never taught the right way to use a scale. Don't I wish?!

No comments: