Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Errand of Angels

Some of my friends and I had a great night out tonight. We went to dinner at Aloha Kitchen and I had their fabulous Chinese Chicken Salad. Yum, Yum! I hadn't been there in a long time and it tasted so good.


Then we went to an advanced screening of the movie "The Errand of Angels". It is the story of a sister missionary in Austria. It was filmed in Austria and the scenery was beautiful and the story was very realistic and true to life. If you get a chance you should see it. You can watch a trailer at www.errandofangelsmovie.com. I'm not smart enough to know how to get the trailer on my blog.



I enjoyed the movie a lot and the fact that it was free was icing on the cake. Watching this story brought back so many memories of the time I spent serving in the England London Mission. My mission was probably one of the hardest things I ever did, but definitely one of the most rewarding. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to serve a mission. It has had such a positive impact on my life. My friends felt like perhaps this movie would scare young women away from serving missions. I hope that's not the case. I know when I went on my mission I was scared to death and I knew it was going to be difficult, but I also knew it was what my Heavenly Father wanted me to do and that made all the difference. I know that there are people out there who only sister missionaries can reach.


I felt that I should include a picture of me on my mission. Perhaps I have little movie actress potiential, but I am a true life missionary using a Book of Mormon as a fan after a cross town bike trip on the one hot day of my mission.

Speaking of missions, my twin nephews got their mission calls today. They are both going to missions in Brazil. Very, very exciting! They get to go to the MTC in Brazil and leave the first part of October. One of my good friends has a son coming home from his mission in Chicago this coming week. It's fun to get to experience these memorable beginnings and endings.

No comments: