Friday, August 1, 2008

Woo Hoo! It's My Birthday Month!

Who can believe that it is already August? It seems like it was just May and we were packing up the daughter's classroom and now we are unpacking it. I've heard that the older you get the faster time moves and we all know I am getting older, the end of this month in fact, but this is ridiculous. Where did the summer go?

I have a friend who doesn't just celebrate her birthday, but she celebrates her entire birthday month. I think this is a marvelous idea! I think I will buy myself a present every day, and eat cake - really good cake- every day and run around in my birthday suit all day, every day. (That last comment was just to see how many of you were still with me, I absolutely would not do that. Not ever, ever, ever!)

Every year my family asks me what I want for my birthday and every year I tell them the same thing - a clean house and nice kids. I am still waiting to receive the clean house, but I have actually gotten the nice kids off and on through the years. I do have pretty nice kids most of the time. One out of two isn't too bad, right? One of these years I am going to get the clean house too. Probably the year I die and my kids have to haul all my junk off to the dump for some other pack rat to covet. See, they'll end up having to clean the house eventually and I WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH!

No comments: