Thursday, August 14, 2008

Big Celebration

Tonight we all went to Macayos for a celebration. It was planned to be a birthday dinner in honor of the oldest daughter's birthday,but we ended up celebrating the
second daughter getting a job as well.
She is going to be working as an instructional assistant in a special ed class at Webster Elementary school in Mesa.

The school is about 5 minutes from her old apartment, but a little further away from her new home. That's the way things seem to work out sometime.
The son and the girlfriend mostly celebrated being together. They were so excited to get to hug that they bonked heads and almost gave each other concussions!

I was celebrating not having to cook and I guess the hubby was celebrating getting to spend his hard earned money on all the people that he loves.

When we went into the restaurant it was 105 degrees outside. When we finished and came out the temperature had dropped significantly and it was almost cool (90 degrees) and it smelled like rain. On the way home it sprinkled a little. That was definitely something worth celebrating.

We all came to our house and the daughter opened her gifts and we ate fruit pizza. Yum, Yum!



This is probably my favorite dessert, but it is also what the daughter chose. I think I like it so much because it is so colorful, cold and refreshing. I got the recipe from one of my good friends and it is a keeper. One of the roommates wanted to know if it had olives on it, but those are actually blueberries for my two youngest to pick off.

Fruit Pizza

Make Sugar Cookie Crust. I usually use a roll of refrigerated cookie dough. Cool.

Top with:

1 8oz pkg. cream cheese

1/3 cup sugar

2 tsp vanilla (blended together).

Decorate with Seasonal Fruit

Mix together in a saucepan:

1/3 cup sugar

1 cup orange juice

1/2 cup water

2 Tbsp corn starch.

Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Cool a few minutes and pour over the pizza.

Today I am thankful for


Fresh fruit.
Family and Friends to share celebrations with.
My hubby's job that pays for special occasion meals.


I bought myself a book at Seagull book today for my birthmonth present. There was a lady there buying a stack of books about 2 feet high and I wanted to go home with her, but I limited myself to one non-fiction book and the newest Claire Poulson book that I bought the daughter for her birthday. I'll still get to read it if she owns it.

2 comments:

Denise said...

YUM!! That made me want fruit pizza. I can always recognize my recipe...that glaze gives it away, every time! Want me to make you one for your bday?? I will!!

Dianne said...

I don't know. Maybe I lied. I think German Chocolate Upside-down Cake is Maybe my favorite dessert if you are offering to make.