Friday, August 1, 2008

Blog Comments

Recently my blog has been discovered
by a couple of my friends.
I have not intentionally kept my blogging addiction a secret.
I don't blog only in the dark or when I'm home alone,
although my husband will tell you
I do sometimes do both.
My kids know I blog.
My extended family knows I blog.
I just hadn't shared this part of my recent life with my friends.
The subject never really came up.
I wasn't trying to hide anything.
Even though I know people who read my blog,
I don't get a lot of comments on what I write.
So, it was exciting when I received 2 comments
on a blog I wrote a couple of days ago.
2 comments!
That was like a record for me and I was pretty impressed.
WOW!
People read my blog!
I was feeling pretty good about my "fame" until I went to
a Blog site that was listed on one of my friend's blogs.
This site was having a give away of 5 Zunes
(I-pod looking thing for those of you who are dumb like me).
All you had to do was leave a comment on the blog naming your favorite love song of all time.
The blog post had been up for less than 30 minutes and she already had 400+ comments. I checked an hour later and she had over 4,000. This morning there were 11,631 comments.
That's a few more than 2.
I guess I'm not as famous and important as I thought I was.
It will probably take about 5 years for me to even have
that many hits on my blog.
I guess I could have a contest to attract attention,
but all I have that I want to get rid of at the moment
is a 16 year old and I don't think I'd get
that many people trying to win him.
I would probably miss him a little bit too.
Oh, I also have a dog right now that I could give away,
but technically she's not mine to give
so that might not work either.
I guess it's a good thing I blog for myself and not for notoriety.
It was fun to get 2 comments in one day though.
Today I am thankful for
The opportunity to sleep in one more day before I have to start getting the small one to marching band early every morning.
A house with air conditioning - it was a HOT day today.
A daughter - that drove her dad halfway home so I didn't have to go all the way to his office to pick him up when he got off work. Our little black car decided not to work again today.

Today's birthday present to me - Toilet Paper. Go ahead and laugh, but have you ever run out? Not a single square in the house? It's not a happy thing.

6 comments:

mom of fab five said...

did you splurge and go for the two-ply---now that would be a present!

mom of fab five said...

You only need 11715 more comments to be caught up. But let's face it--she is like an alien to us--we never see cows or horses up close--and what about the food? She is like a fictional character that we can tune into and escape the real lives or our real lives--something like that anyway. All i know is if i want to laugh/giggle and smile i manage to each time i read your blog. You really do crack me up!

Doug Cheever said...

I read your blog all of the time and find it to be very entertaining. It also allows me to keep up with your family and to know what is going on in your lives. Brenda also finds your blog to be one of the most entertaining she reads. I just don't get around to making comments as often as I should. I hope you are having a great day and know that I sympathize with your struggles and rejoice in your successes.
Doug

missykac said...

Mom and I wanted to comment to your blog, but it was a bit complicated for my retired brain.
We wished that we could have been invited to Jessica's "get ready for school party". We could really see a big difference between the three pictures as the day progresses. Yes, the colored paper does look nicer in a rainbow effect! Just because we haven't commented doesn't mean that we don't read and enjoy your blog posts. I especially loved the one where you totaled up the cost of Jayce going back to school. Mom, Karen and I have laughed about the priceless for days now. Keep us
"posted". Happy Birthday month!
Love ya, Kathy

Dianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

So, what did the removed post say? Something too personal about the toilet paper? However, I notice that it still counts as a comment, so you are now up to 6....6 in one day, and the day is not over. I think maybe you're more famous than you realize. Too me you are anyway! Have a great day...Happy Birthday month!! Woo hoo!!