Saturday, August 23, 2008

Time Consuming Things to do While you are Suppose to be Writing a Talk.

1. Write on your blog.

2. Do "research" so you can write better on your blog.

3. Read someone's blog.

4. Write on someone's blog.

5. Read someone else's blog that you found on someone's blog.

6. Write on someone else's blog that you found on someone's blog.

7. Repeat #5 and #6

8. Repeat #5 and #6

9. Repeat #5 and #6

10. Take a shower.

I gotta go take a shower. I'm not making any progress on what I am supposed to be doing at the moment. I am too easily distracted, but first I'll just check a couple more blogs.

Oh look.

My son has written on his blog.

What is this about - DRINKING GAMES!!

How am I suppose to write a talk about raising righteous children while those children are all playing "Drinking Games".

This is hopeless.

Woe, Woe is me.

2 comments:

mom of fab five said...

So how did your talk go? I am sure it was great! I was going to come and hear you--but at that point i was helping my son write his talk--nothing like the last minute. He e-mailed it to my computer where i worked on it then i thought i had saved it---AHHHHH---me the computer nerd--misplaced it somewhere on the computer---I thought i was going to have to write it all over--imagine my surprise when i actually found it and was able to recover it. Send me a copy of what you ended up giving--i wish i could have heard in in person.

Erin Willis said...

I can attest that she did a wonderful job. I loved the re-telling of the telephone, hole, temple story.