Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Amen!

Let us rise up and be thankful,
for if we didn't learn a lot today,
at least we learned a little,
and if we didn't learn a little,
at least we didn't get sick,
and if we got sick,
at least we didn't die;
so, let us all be thankful.
~Buddha
I stole this thought from my friend's blog because it fit my day.



Today was not a good day.
It started out early, at 5:15.
It was fine in the beginning.
I did some shopping.
I ate lunch with my hubby.
I gave my daughter a ride to her old apartment.
I went grocery shopping.
I picked up the son from school.
I took a nap.
When I woke up I felt like a big, black cloud had decended on me.
I was miserable.
I couldn't think.
I didn't want to think.
I didn't want to do anything, but go back to sleep.
It didn't get any better.
I wish I knew why I feel this way sometimes, all of the sudden, for no good reason.
I wish I knew what to do to change it.
Tonight I will go to bed and hope things look better in the morning.

I am thankful today

that I didn't have anything I HAD to do tonight.
for 2 pair of jeans for $6.98 for my son that he actually liked.
for a hubby that loves me even when I'm not very loveable.

My birthmonth present today was Scotch double stick tape for 80 cents a roll and saving twice as much on my grocery bill as I spent. Saving money is a better gift than spending it ever is.

No comments: