Friday, August 22, 2008

Sometimes I Want to Scream

My kids use to have a tape that we listened to A LOT.
It was "Safety Kids"
by Janeen Brady and
was produced by Brite Music.

Knowing me I probably still
have it in a box somewhere.

One of the songs on this tape
was about what to do if a stranger
was trying to abduct you.

The words went something like
"Sometimes you have to Scream.
Open up and really yell."

Although I haven't been in danger
of being kidnapped anytime recently
This song somehow reflects how I feel today.

"Sometimes I want to Scream.
Open up and really Yell!
Stomp my Feet and
Throw a Fit.
Yaa-aa-aa,
Sometimes I want to Scream."

And the interesting part is
I really don't know why.

I just feel like having
a lay down on the floor,
kick my hands and feet,
scream at the top of my lungs
two-year-old temper tantrum.

Maybe it's time to request
a release from nursery.

Today I am thankful for
a husband that listens to me rant and rave and just nods and smiles.
A son who lets his dad borrow his truck to drive to work
A roommate that lets my daughter borrow her car to drive to work.

My birthmonth gift to myself today was a bag of Reese's Select Clusters - peanut butter clusters with pecans, peanuts, and caramel. I had a coupon and they were free. Free is good, much better than the clusters were, in my opinion.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

OK. My son just found me the song on the internet and I have to admit that I butchered it big time. The song actually goes:
"Sometimes you've just gotta yell and scream.
Sometimes it's the only thing to do.
Noisy like a fire truck,
You've just got to open up and
get the crowd's attentions drawn to you."

My apologies to Janeen Brady, but I think you still got the idea of how I felt.