Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Get a Clue!

I was understandably upset when I read in the newspaper the other day that several of my childhood friends have been sentenced to death row with their executions expected to take place by early Fall.

I guess this is to be expected when you hang out with convicted multi-murders. I knew it had to be coming sooner or later, but I was still saddened, if not surprised.

The sad thing is that the crime that has resulted in their final demise is not the murders. No. No matter how many times the jury came back with a guilty verdict these friends always seemed to get off, escape punishment, walk away, live on, go back to their old ways, and kill again.

No. The crime for which they have received the death sentence is simply that they are old fashioned and out of date. Their lives are no longer relevant to the younger generation and therefore they will be done away with immediately. Replaced by a more updated and realistic group of fashionable felons, that include a football star and a video game creator.

Let's all join in a moment of silence for my friends (and most likely yours).

Professor Victor Plum - the intelligent one who was possibly a plagiarist.
Colonel Michael Mustard - the decorated war hero.
Mrs. White - the matriarch of the group who worked as a nanny.
Mrs. Patricia Gobelin Scarlett Zaffer Peacock - the one with the most husbands.
Miss Josephine Scarlett - the unsuccessful actress and daughter of Mrs. Peacock.
Mr. John Green - the only American in the group, who sometimes referred to himself as Reverend.

May they rest in peace alongside the lead pipe, the wrench, and the revolver.

If you would like to visit and pay your respects, they will most likely be buried beneath the new spa, theater or guesthouse additions being made to the mansion.

Now before you think that I need to get a life. Let me tell you, "I tried and it was too late." The "new and improved" version of The Game of Life is already on all the store shelves and has been for a couple of years. I own it and I have played it and it is just not the same as the original that I enjoyed for hours with my brother on long summer days.

That is why I am giving you fair warning,
Get a "CLUE" now, before it is too late
or hang on to the one you've already got.

Today I am grateful for

Having enough. I went shopping today and didn't find anything I really wanted or needed.
Young Men leaders who put up with teenage boys and try to make a difference in there lives.
A son who is smart enough not to tell me distressing news while he is driving.

My birthmonth gift to myself today was a strawberry banana smoothie from Jack in the Box. I love coupons that make things totally free. No buy 1 get one, just plain free!

2 comments:

Jenefer said...

HEY! You found me! Glad to hear and read your blogs!! I was a little surprised to get your message, and not knowing who it was from! Now I do!

As for the closet stuff....it's designed for ANY size! That's just a "blip" of the idea! You'll have to see if there is one in Arizona...if not...then use the Centerville, Utah agent....Allen Simonsen (he's my boss), or he can give you an agent in Arizona!

Keep in touch! I'll add your blog to my list!

mom of fab five said...

How true how true. I thought the same thing--like calling him proffesor plum was not good enough--now we have to know his first name as well--next thing you know there will be a geneology line attached and we will have to say who begat who before every turn--could make for a long game. Also did you see that the item to kill some one with is changing as well? It's not enough to be clubbed over the head with a candlestick any more... What is the world coming to