Saturday, August 16, 2008

Shopping Spree


Today the daughters, the roommates and I went shopping together. First we went to Ross which is one of my favorite stores because I can find unique things there that I didn't even know I needed. I bought some new place mats (since my old ones are ugly now since I washed them and they faded all over). A sheet set that I am planning on using to make a tablecloth for the table in my living room and a new shirt. My girls said it looked like me. I liked it so I guess that's OK that it looks like me.

Next we visited Lane Bryant. The youngest daughter was looking for new clothes to wear to work. The rest of us were supposed to just be looking. Lane Bryant was having 40% off everything in the store. We found lots and lots of clothes to try on. We had a dressing room fashion show and it was lots of fun. I ended up with 3 pair of Capri's for $8.00 a piece. I thought that was a good deal. The daughter who was suppose to be shopping had some second thoughts and left without anything. Her loss I say. Just for the record. I really liked the carpet in the Lane Bryant dressing room at Tempe Marketplace. If someone wants to buy me carpet that is the kind I want. They also had some nice square stools to sit on that I would take too.

After Lane Bryant we decided we needed an attitude adjustment and since our theory is that food solves all problems we went for food. We ate lunch at Red Robin. I had the Whiskey River Barbecue Burger and it was good, but I have a hard time paying $10for a hamburger. I'm more a $1.00 double cheeseburger from the McDonald's menu or a $1.00 Junior Bacon Cheeseburger at Wendy's kind of girl. The younger daughter ended up paying though so that made it taste better.

JC Penney was next on the agenda for some of us and the rest of the group hit Payless Shoes. The eldest daughter bought a lot of clothes with a gift card and birthday money she had.

While we were shopping at Ross there was a mother there with a little boy in the cart who was probably about 2. He kept saying, "Mommy. I want. I want. Mommy. I want. I want. I want." over and over again. When I passed her I said, "I know just how he feels." She agreed that she could relate too. I think that is a common problem for all of us. "I want. I want. I want."

The "Townhouse Team" had to go home after that to let the puppy out of her cage and the teacher daughter and I went to the Lakeshore Store to spend her $500 purchase order from school. $500 sounds like a lot of money, but we managed to spend it quite easily and quite quickly. She mostly bought games for centers. I should have taken a picture of our cart stacked so high everything was falling out, but by that time I was too tired to take pictures.

It was a fun day. Thanks girls for letting me spend the day with you!

Today I am thankful for

a husband and son that mowed the lawn.

I'm loving this Family Life Merit Badge more and more.
daughters (and pretend daughters) to go shopping with.
SALES!!

I bought myself lots of birthmonth gifts today. I listed them above.

No comments: