Friday, August 29, 2008

The Old Spaghetti Factory

Tonight our family went to
The Old Spaghetti Factory
to celebrate my birthday.

Despite a few roadblocks
on the trip there such as
Arizona Diamondbacks traffic,
one way streets,
no left hand turn lanes,
and downed tree branches
from last night's storm
we all managed to arrive
in one piece.

The Old Spaghetti Factory
is pretty old.
I remember visiting the one
at Trolley Square in Salt Lake City
way back when I was still a teenager
or close to it.
Our family usually manages a
visit there each time we go to Utah,
but not this year.

The oldest son was happy to discover
an Old Spaghetti Factory in Phoenix
a few years ago.
We don't visit often
so it was a good "special occasion" location.

I don't know if I like
The Spaghetti Factory
for the food,
which is good
or for the decor
which is amazing,
in my opinion.

I just think the over-stuffed chairs,
the stained glass windows,
the antique furniture,
and the chandeliers and rod iron decorations
are fun. They make me feel happy.

However, I do enjoy
the Mizitrah and Browned Butter Pasta,
the small loafs of French Bread
and the Spumoni Ice Cream as well.

I enjoyed myself immensely.
Thanks family for going with me.

We are planning a return visit
on the Valley Metro Light Rail
when it starts making runs.
We discovered there is a stop
right in front of the restaurant.
Let us know if you would like
to join us on this adventure.

Today I am thankful for
Family to go out to eat with.
A husband who puts up with my passenger seat driving without complaining.
Beautiful Arizona Sunsets.
My birthmonth present today was going out to dinner.
The new thing I learned today was who Sarah Palin is and why I might want her to be the next Vice President of the United States. She is the govenor of Alaska, a mom of 5 (including a new born with Downs Syndrome and a son serving in Iraq), a wife, a beauty queen, a flute and basketball player, and a moose hunter. I think picking her as a running mate was a good political move for John McCain. Some people who's conversations I ease-dropped on today didn't agree with me.

2 comments:

mom of fab five said...

count me in if there is food involved!

missykac said...

Yes! I want to go! A train ride and my favorite spaghetti all in one day sounds like a real BIG deal. Hope you had a fun bithday celebration. I always like them
(especially when I'm not the one getting older). Sorry we didn't visit the Spaghetti Factory when you were in SLC. Next time!