Thursday, August 7, 2008

How to Build Ikea Furniture

The youngest daughter, the RM/GF, and I took a trip to IKEA today. The daugher was wanting to purchase herself a dresser because she has discovered that she has A LOT of clothes and no where to put them. While they were loading the pieces of her dresser on the cart I took a quick trip though the AS IS department. This is my favorite part of IKEA. In fact, if I had my way I would sneak in the returns door, visit the as is area and turn around and leave (with my 30% off, already assembled furniture). The rest of IKEA kind of gives me brain overload. Anyway, there were several dressers like the one the daughter was buying (only in white instead of dark black, which should not be confused with bright black). These dressers had been returned and had some major problems with the drawers lining up and rolling right. When my daughter found me I asked her if she knew how to put her dresser together because it appeared to me that they might be a little tricky. She was quick to inform me that she has built LOTS of IKEA furniture and she definitely knows how to do it. Good for her!

Later, this evening the sons tell me goodbye. I ask where they are going. They are going to the girl's townhouse to put together the IKEA furniture.

Yup, she definitely knows how to do it!

1 comment:

Janaya L. Johnson said...

excuse me! ill have you know that i put the dresser together practically by myself!! they came to put together the bed, mostly only cuz we didnt want to have to carry it up the stairs, but it turned out christy and i got the number 2 box up quicker, and in better fashion, then jaron and jayce got up box 1. i do know how. but just cuz i know how doesnt mean i have to do it myself. i have to practice my learned helplessness. its how you get the boys. haha. <3. aloha.