Saturday, August 9, 2008

Do I Agree?

My friend had this personality quiz on her blog.

Answer these few, easy questions and find out
what flavor of ice cream you are most like.

She had taken the quiz and was somewhat offended that she was
Vanilla.

Plain, old, boring Vanilla.

I have to admit that I was a little surprised too.

She is not what I would consider a Vanilla person.

Of course I had to take the quiz to see what ice cream flavor I was.

I was again a little surprised.


I wasn't so much surprised that I was
Mint Chocolate Chip.

I love Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.

I was surprised by the characteristics that were associated with
this flavor and therefore supposedly described me.

Mint chocolate chip ice cream wakes up people's taste buds,
and you do the same thing when you walk into a room.
The chocolatey bits represent your sweet, flirtatious side,
and the minty flavor represents your high energy level.
You are smart, witty, and you make a great first impression.
Your friends value your advice,
because you tend to see things from a fresh new perspective.

Not at all how I envision myself.

Of course this made me start to think deeper thoughts.

I didn't want to think deep thoughts about myself
so I thought about my Vanilla friend.

Why do we think of Vanilla as boring?

It is actually not so much boring as it is versatile.

Vanilla can be so many things.
With a twist here and an addition there
it can be something totally new.

While Vanilla may not be many people's favorite type of ice cream
almost everyone likes Vanilla.

It is a safe choice to have at an event
because most everyone will eat it.

Vanilla is an old, comfortable, friend.

I bet everyone has a positive memory that involves
Vanilla Ice Cream in one way or another.

Vanilla is as American as hot dogs and apple pie
(unless of course it is French Vanilla or Vanilla Ole')

My friend should be proud to be Vanilla!

But, Mint Chocolate Chip.

Now, that's a little bit different.

You either like Mint Chocolate Chip or you don't.

There aren't a lot of Mint Chocolate Chip fence sitters.

Some people are turned off by it's color.
Although I personally really like its color.

I don't know if I want to be Mint Chocolate Chip
and not Vanilla.

I want to be liked by everyone.

I want to be an old friend.

I want to be versatile,

and calm

and comfortable.

Or do I?

Maybe I'll just be Smart and Witty instead.

That's doesn't really sound all that bad
it just doesn't sound that much like me.

You should take the quiz.
Just click on the Mint Chocolate Chip link above.
Maybe you'll be surprised too.

1 comment:

mom of fab five said...

I have accepted the fact that i am Vanilla--you helped me face that being vanilla was not such a bad thing. And if mint chocolate chip is witty--than that is YOU!!! You make me crack up every time i read your blog. And although mint chocolate chip is not in my favorite repitiore' you are--