Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Royalty?


Today I went back to the dentist to get my crown put on my tooth. It's lovely. I do have to say I enjoyed this visit a lot more than the last one.

Since I now have a crown, does that make me a QUEEN??

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

If I were a queen my telephone wouldn't be broken again and if it were it would be repaired immediately and not "sometime tomorrow".

If I were a queen I could order my teenage son's head chopped off for his nonstop complaining about having to go back to Marching Band Camp in a little while. It's his first whole day of camp and he's already driving me bonkers.

If I were a queen I wouldn't have to do laundry or pay bills or be a chauffeur or wash dishes or cook dinner or take out the trash.

Nope, I'm definitely not a QUEEN,

but I do have a very expensive crown.

Today I am thankful for

Dentists - even though I don't enjoy visiting mine, I am grateful that I live in a day where teeth with holes in them can be fixed (by making bigger holes in them and then covering them up with expensive materials) rather than just yanked out!
A Cell Phone - so I can call Qwest when my home phone doesn't work.
Being able to say "YES" - to my teenage son even though it led to me having to drive through 22 green lights to take him to Phoenix to play basketball with some old friends and then having to hang out in the hot, scary, dark church parking lot for awhile waiting for him to be finished after all the stores closed at 10:00 PM. It was still good to get to say Yes to him for a change. He thinks I enjoy telling him No all the time, but I don't.

No comments: