Monday, July 21, 2008

Noise!

Sometimes noise just drives me crazy. It seems like there is always so much noise in my house. The TV in the family room blasting in surround sound. The TV in my bedroom loudly sharing the trauma of the night first thing in the morning. Not my favorite way to start the day. The computer playing loud music (albeit good music) while the son sings along or the revving engines, police sirens and crashing sounds from the car racing game the boys are into at the moment. The youngest complaining or tapping or listening to the radio while we try to get his health class finished. The buzz, beep, or musical tones of the constant text messages being sent or received. The ceiling fans, the air-conditioner, the washing machine... How are we suppose to hear the still, small voice when we can't even hear each other most of the time?? It all gives me a really bad headache. Oh how I long for peace and quiet! Then I think of my mom who has way too much peace and quiet and has to turn her radio on now and then just to break the silence. I guess all this noise means I am surrounded by people I love. I am glad they are here. It means I have a cool house to live in and electricity to keep it that way. I am happy for that. It means I have clean clothes to wear. A very good thing. I guess I'll just appreciate my quiet moments that much more for the fact that they are so rare. Today I am thankful that Health is technically finished!! The son still needs to take the final before Wednesday, but all the assignments had to be turned in by midnight tonight (and we were submitting at 11:57). I can appreciate and enjoy quiet. I don't need constant noise to be happy. Our little car is back from the shop and working again, at least for the moment.

No comments: