Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sharing Spiritual Food with Some Sisters

Since the change in the Relief Society program to only having an organized Enrichment night four times a year I have really missed the opportunity to gather together with all the sisters in the ward and visit, bond and share ideas. Especially now that I am in the nursery on Sunday, it seems like I never see anyone at church unless they are under 3 or have a child under 3. Tonight we had an Enrichment meeting and I really had to talk myself into going. Even though I miss being with my ward family it's just easier to stay home than to make the effort to go. I am glad that I went though because I had a really fun time just laughing and learning and I even came away a little motivated to be a more compassionate person. We'll see if I can actually put that motivation into action. We had a sister share some stories and thoughts about service and it was so wonderful to sit and be taught and to join in a discussion with the other women who were there. I love my primary calling, but tonight I realized that my spirit right now is very undernourished and that I really miss being taught the gospel in Relief Society and Sunday School each Sunday. I need to make a more concerted effort to be sure that I include spiritual food in my life every day. It felt good to be fed tonight. One idea that was shared that I want to remember is when you visit someone who is faced with adversity rather than ask if there is anything you can do for them ask, "What are you most worried about right now?" Their answer will give you an idea of where they need your help most and then you can figure out a way to help address that worry. Tonight I am grateful for My membership - in the largest women's organization in the world. A husband - who takes out the trash. Glad Press and Seal Plastic Wrap - that was finally cheap enough that I didn't feel extravagant buying it. This is amazing plastic wrap that is tacky on the back and actually sticks to the bowl instead of popping off. I have wanted to buy some since the first time I saw it, but it is always so expensive. I think the decorative snow men are a nice, cool touch when it is 108 outside, don't you?

No comments: