Friday, July 18, 2008

3 "Men" and a Lady

When my youngest daughter has a problem, a question or she doesn't feel good she doesn't come to me, she goes to her dad or one of her brothers. Actually, she pretty much has all the males in our family wrapped around her little finger. They would do most anything for her. Especially now that she lives with one of the brother's girlfriends and can threaten to tell on him if he doesn't treat her nice. I think it's wonderful to have boys to watch out for you and she is pretty lucky to have 3 who love her and care about her so much. I'm not saying I don't love her too, but sometimes she thinks I'm mean and not very sympathetic. (Isn't that the job of a mother?) Today the daughter has a bad earache. She and her roommates decided to sit in the chest deep rain water pooling in their apartment parking lot last weekend and somehow she ended up with swimmers ear. I hope she wasn't really swimming in those puddles. Tonight she called her dad and brother to come and give her a blessing. Maybe that's why she turns to them instead of me, because they have the priesthood and I don't. It's great to have 2 worthy Melchizedek priesthood holders in our home now because it simplifies the blessing process (and for lots of other reasons too). I am thankful for the lives the men in my family live so they can have this sacred power that has been restored to the earth. They gave her a blessing and bought her medicine, Jello, chicken soup, and a thermometer. Hopefully all this love and attention will help her feel better very soon.

Today I am thankful that

I got to stay home while my husband and son took care of the sick daughter.
The men in my family are living worthy to hold and exercise the Priesthood.
My kids didn't get earaches a lot when they were little.

No comments: