Monday, July 28, 2008

Book Distribution

Tax Credit Fee
$1.00
Activity Card - for the few sporting events he has to pay for
$25.00
Hall Locker - perhaps he'll use it THIS year
$5.00
Replacement ID - remember the lost wallet story
$3.50
Yearbook - gotta have one to collect dust until the 30 year reunion when he'll really need it
$50.00
Band Course Fee
$30.00
Band Activity Fee - I get to pay to hear him complain about marching band
$50.00
Marching Band Shoes - size 13 (are his feet done growing?)
$38.00
Marching Band Gloves
$3.50 x 4
Marching Band Shirts
$25.00
Flip Folder
$6.00
Extra Flip Pages
.50 x 5
Band Uniform Cleaning Fee
$25.00
Indian Education Credit - perk from the papa
$180.00
Grand Total
$95.00
Having my teenage son out of the house from 6:00 AM until 2:30 PM
Priceless
Today I am thankful for
Health Insurance - so when I go to the doctor and she tells me "I don't know what to do to help you feel better." I only have to pay $10.00 and not the $100.00+ that the insurance gets billed.
My husband's genes - that qualify our kids to be registered as Native Americans.
A Friend - to visit with at book distribution so a long, boring process doesn't seem quite so long and boring.

1 comment:

mom of fab five said...

I could have used more of our visit--we ended up staying until it closed without much success--until today--and then because we had done all the footwork yesterday we were the first in line and were out of there in less that a half hour--Now i get to do the younger kids on friday--YIPEE