Monday, July 7, 2008

The Intrepid Snake Catchers

This morning the youngest son and the eldest daughter took a walk around grandma's neighborhood. On the way home they cut across the grass and the daughter stepped on a poor, defenseless garter snake. I'm not sure which one of them was the most scared.


The "brave" son ran in and got grandma's snake catcher (it's actually a tool she uses to reach items on high shelves, but the grandkids think it was created for catching snakes and it does work pretty good). His first grab was less than stellar, but eventually he caught the snake and held him as far away as possible so I could take some pictures.



Eventually, the snake was smarter than the catchers and escaped under the neighbors porch. Just one of the many adventures to be had on vacation.

I learned something I never knew today. My husband of 25 years is a snake hater. Who would have guessed? He always puts on a very brave front.

No comments: