Monday, July 7, 2008

Family Fireworks


Every year our family tries to time our summer trip to Utah sometime around the Fourth or the Twenty-Fourth of July so we can shoot off some fireworks while we are here. It used to be the hubby that was the most excited, then the first son and then the second. This year it was my youngest nephew who could hardly wait for the show to begin. While I enjoy watching the fireworks, I think I enjoy being able to sit outside and enjoy the cool evening even more. I'm glad my mom has nice neighbors that don't complain too much about all the noise we make in their quiet neighborhood. It wouldn't feel like summer without this yearly event. Today I am thankful for Cool Summer Evenings - such a thing doesn't exist at my house. My Sister-in-law - she is the kind of mom I wish I was more like. It is obvious how much she loves her kids and she seems to always take life in stride and with a smile. Time - to spend with my family having fun.

1 comment:

mom of fab five said...

YOU ARE SOOOOO BUSTED!!!!! You have been blogging without me!!! Kevin(my lurker husband)found out your secret---i can hardly wait to catch up on what you have been writing---you crack me up--big time!