Monday, May 11, 2009

Too Hot to Move

When it first starts to get really hot here in Tempe it takes about a week for me to accept the fact that summer is truly here and that I better get use to it and adjust. Today was our 5th or 6th day of 100+ temperatures and I have not quite gotten to that point of acceptance yet. It is hot! Way too hot for the first half of May. I don't want to move. I don't want to cook. I especially do not want to go outside or get in my car that has been sitting in the sun. I also seem to have a hard time sleeping at night. For the past few days I have been playing "Let's make a Deal" with myself. If I clean the bathroom then I can lay on my bed, under the ceiling fan, and read my library book. If I cook dinner I can lay on my bed and read my library book. If I water the flowers, clean the living room, organize the food storage corner,do the laundry,... I can lay on my bed and read my library book. I have gotten a few jobs done and have read more than a few library books.
I discovered a new author a couple of weeks ago and I have really enjoyed reading all of the books by her that the library owns. Her name is Lorena McCourtney. She is older and apparently started out writing romance novels but then switched to writing christian fiction mysteries. Her books are very light reading with a little suspense and romance thrown in and she does a good job of keeping me guessing "who done it" right up to the end. She has a series called the Julesburg mysteries that includes Whirlpool, Riptide and Undertow. These books are about different characters who live in the same small town. Another series called the Ivy Malone Mysteries are about an older lady and how her curious nature gets her into trouble. The books in this series are called Invisible, In Plain Sight, On the Run and Stranded. If it's too hot to do anything where you live or if you just feel like reading some fluff you might want to check them out.

Today I'm thankful for

air conditioning.
my washing machine.
my dryer.
Family Home Evening with my boys.

No comments: