Saturday, May 16, 2009

Star Trek The Movie 2009

Today the hubby and I went to see the new Star Trek movie. He really wanted to see it and I went along because he couldn't find anyone else to go with him. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against Star Trek. I grew up watching the TV series with my brother and I am quite familiar with the storyline and the characters. In fact, if I were to meet Captain Kirk or Spock I would probably even consider them friends. I could quite possibly find my way around the Enterprise if I were ever accidentally beamed up by Scotty. I would actually say I like Star Trek, but I am definitely not a "Trekkie". I thought I would see the movie sometime, but I don't have to see any movie during the first 2 weeks of its run. I am happy to wait for it to go to the cheap theatre or to come out on DVD. Having said that, I really liked the movie. I found it entertaining. As is usually the case, there were a few words and a scene that I could have lived without but overall I thought it was very good. It made me want to go back and watch a few Star Trek reruns just for fun. It also opens up a whole new world of future voyages of the Star Ship Enterprise, a thought that I am not totally opposed too and a even a little bit curious about.

Today I am thankful for

a hubby that likes to do things with me.
a quiet Saturday.
my computer.
a phone visit with my mom.

1 comment:

missykac said...

Did you check out Barbara's new blog frontdoordesigns.blogspot.com?
Gosh,I have talented and energetic sisters. Now I have lots of choices of blogs to read. Love ya!