Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sometimes I Feel Old

Sometimes I feel old.
Not a bad kind of old.
Just a this is not where I belong
kind of old.
Like tonight
I went out to dinner
to celebrate September birthdays
with my friends.
We went to the California Pizza Kitchen
at the Tempe Marketplace.
The restaurant was in an area
called the District
and I was definitely out of my age comfort zone.
I felt old
and a little fuddy-duddy
and I was perfectly o.k. with that.
Sometimes it's alright to feel old.

Tomorrow I'll go to Utah
to spend a week with my mother
on her retirement street
with her senior citizen friends
and I will feel young again.

Today I am thankful for

Good Friends to laugh with and to be serious with as well.
Daughters to do fun things with.
A husband that helps with the laundry.

No comments: