Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Things aren't always the way we Think they are

This morning I was
reading an article
in the September Issue
of the Ensign Magazine
entitled "Toothpaste on the Mirror".

It was about a couple
who had been married for a lot of years
and during their time together
the wife had found a few things
that her spouse did that irritated her.
One of the little annoyances
was how her husband managed to
splatter toothpaste on the mirror
each and every time he brushed his teeth.
She found herself repeatedly
reminding him to be more careful
or to clean up after himself.

Then came the day after
her husband passed away.

She wiped the toothpaste off the mirror
one last time.

However, the next day
there the splatters were again
and again the next
and again.

She began to realize
that her husband wasn't the only one
with the bad habit
of splattering toothpaste on the mirror.

How often in life
are things not the way we think they are?

How often in life
do we place the blame on the wrong person?

How often in life
do we ignore our failings and focus on everyone else's?

How often in life
should we stop and think again?

How often in life do we do it?

Today I am thankful for

Forgiveness, again. Someday I'm going to get this being the mom thing right.
Kids that are big enough to take care of themselves.
Boys that know when it's a good idea to take a shower.

1 comment:

missykac said...

Thanks for making the effort of turning on my computer worth it!
(You know I have to put off doing something else that I really ought to be doing, clean off the highly stacked chair, get the glasses, and perhaps a cold drink--cause I'll be there for a while-- before I can do it.) I love to read your comments and can relate to lots that you say. Just want you to know that I love knowing about you and your life as much as I love you. You make me smile, laugh, cry (sometimes) and stand in amazement!
Way to go!!!