Monday, September 15, 2008

The Fruits of Fall

What a wonderful time of year to get to come to Utah! Today mom and I took a ride out to Santaquin and visited a few fruit stands. I bought some apples and peaches and nectarines that were probably growing on the tree yesterday. Then we drove out to Genola and behind West mountain to see all the fruit orchards and the trees still laden with fruit. We followed a tractor pulling a wagon full of peaches to the stand for a couple of minutes. I feel bad for city kids that think that fruit just comes from a store.

When we got back to mom's house I went out in her back yard and picked some tomatoes and some summer squash out of her tiny garden. Yum! Yum! Eating what I'm suppose to on my diet is going to be so much easier with all this bounty. I am so blessed.

No comments: