Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Night Football


It's that time of the year again,
time for High School Football.
The men in my family are adamant
that they need to be in attendance
at every game.


They go under the guise of watching
the small one perform in the Marching Band
but I'm pretty sure that's not the only reason
they insist on attending.

I have to admit that I enjoy
watching high school sports as well.
Except when one of the teams
is losing by a lot and then
I start wanting to cheer for the underdog
even when it might not be the team
I'm suppose to cheer for.
Or when the score is really close
and then I feel bad that either team
has to lose.
Or when someone gets injured and
I worry about their future
and their mother's stress levels.

I guess I'm glad my sons
have just stuck with Marching Band.
It's a lot less stressful for me to watch
them on the football field
when they are carrying an instrument
and not wearing shoulder pads
with their uniform.


The game tonight was fun.
We drove through Scottsdale, Paradise Valley,
and an upper class part of Phoenix to get there
and I enjoyed the scenery.

It wasn't too hot,
especially once the sun went down
and there was even a "cool" breeze
every now and then.
I'm sure however those in uniform
might disagree with me on this point.

McClintock won by a lot but
Sunnyslope managed to score at the end
(due to me cheering them on I'm sure).
My hubby was quick to point out
that the score was against our second string
but I was happy that they scored.

Our friend, who is the quarterback,
did a great job on offense and defense
and he (or any of the other players)
didn't get hurt.

I do enjoy the game,
most of the time.
I do enjoy the ride across the valley
to away games,
most of the time.
I do enjoy just being outside,
most of the time.
I do enjoy listening to the band play,
most of the time.
I do enjoy listening to the people around me,
most of the time.
I do enjoy being with family and friends,
most of the time.
I do enjoy watching the cheerleaders,
every once in awhile.
I do enjoy not having to cook dinner,
all of the time.

So I guess I do like Friday Night Football,
most of the time.
At least I know what my boys and I
are doing on Friday nights
until at least November.

Welcome Football season!

Today I am thankful for

Sunrises and Sunsets - both of which I saw today thanks to marching band.
Subway - I like Subway!
The Scriptures.

No comments: