Saturday, September 6, 2008

Exclusive Party

Tonight I attended an exclusive party.
At least that's what the sign outside Sunsplash said
when we arrived at my hubby's employee picnic tonight.

When I think of the word exclusive
I conjour up fancy clothes
and fancy food
and something extra special.
Now, I know that's not what the word exclusive means
but that is what I imagine.

Nope.

Not even close.

No fancy food -
however the hotdogs and hamburgers were
grilled to perfection and
the Chili Beans were actually hot this year.
I also enjoyed the unlimited Diet Pepsi.

Definitely no fancy clothes -
I have a hard time appreciating anyone
dressed in a swimming suit.
I just don't think they are all that flattering
on the majority of people and
I really can't imagine walking around in a bikini
in front of a huge crowd of people.
I saw enough exposed skin,
cracks and clevage,
and pot bellies to last me for a long, long time.

The Bingo Games
might have managed to be classified as extra special
if I had been a winner,
but unfortunately I wasn't even close.

This picture of the youngest shaking water
out of his hair is pretty special though.
At least the girls seem to be impressed.



Even though the party didn't live up
to the "exclusive" classification that it boasted.
It was still a fun outing with family and roomates
and I didn't have to cook dinner again!

I enjoyed watching my kids
happily spending time together.

If you were there I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did
and if you weren't I'm sorry you were excluded
which of course is the true definition of the word exclusive.

Today I am thankful for

Kids that like to do things with each other.
My husband's job and the perks that come with it.
Daughters to take classes with.

Today I learned that when you take a picture of a cup of ice with your flash on, the ice doesn't show up.

1 comment:

Doug Cheever said...

I think that you are indeed part of an exclusive group in many ways. Your family is the only one with indian heritage in our family and that makes you exclusive. Also being my sister makes you part of an exclusive group since you are one of only five people who were born to our parents. It sounds as if your exclusive party was a great deal of fun.
Doug