Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Do

I finally quit procrastinating and got my hair cut today.


Although every once in a while I like how my hair kind of looks a little curly when it is long, I definitely like my hair better short. I don't know why I always wait so long to get it cut. It's probably because I hate spending money and making the time to get it done. Because of that, when I finally do break down I normally get it chopped off a lot. Today I kept telling the girl shorter and she kept looking at me like I didn't know what I was talking about. If I kept it as short as I'd like it to be I'd have to get it cut about once a month and that is just not going to happen. I sometimes wish that hair didn't grow (except in that one spot on my head where I could use a little bit more).
I saw a picture of my friend's mom this week. She has had a tough fight against cancer and Monday she was told she is in total remission. Hooray! Hooray! Anyway, her hair was cut short and looked so cute and I want my hair to look like that. That was my inspiration. Unfortunately I was born with a lot of natural poke and my hair refuses to just lay there and behave. It has to wave at everyone like the whole world is it's friend. In this picture it is behaving itsself somewhat but usually it pokes out in all sorts of directions. I've decided to just go and get in the van, roll down the window and let my hair blow. That way I'll have an excuse for the way I look. Oh well, I do feel like myself again now that I have short hair. I should have done it in August instead of waiting until December when my neck might possibly get cold.

1 comment:

mom of fab five said...

way to sneek in the haircut post--very cute. I agree with wanting your hair to stay the same--i am also a hair cut procrastinator.I have never noticed your POKEE hair-we are always more critical of ourselves...except when people accuse you of eating potatoes out of the fridge...lol