Saturday, December 6, 2008

Holiday Centerpiece

This morning I went to an enrichment class and was led through the process of creating beautiful centerpieces made out of evergreen branches. This has been a yearly event in our ward and it was the second time I have attempted to create a masterpiece. The sister that is in charge belongs to a professional florist family and is extremely talented. I love how she is so positive in her instruction and her suggestions. She makes me feel that I am just so amazing and that is a lot of fun. I know that basically she does everything except actually place the branches and decorations, but I leave there feeling like an artist!

This is the centerpiece that I made to take to tonight's engagement party at the future in-laws house. Here it is undecorated

and here is the finished product

I thought it ended up looking great, if I do say so myself.

This is the one I created for myself. I used the same embellishments that I used last year, but I wasn't as happy with it as I was before. I still think it looks pretty good though and it cost me absolutely nothing. I am also sure that it smells very Christmasy, unfortunately I can't smell anything at the moment.

It was a fun morning.

2 comments:

mom of fab five said...

i am impressed at your craftiness! I think they both look great--and the fact that you could find the one from last year--and the fact you already have your tree up--I am beginning to think you are a bit of an over achiever....You are making me look bad--I guess i need to repent and change my ways and get the tree up this weekend....

Mom Jones said...

I love the centerpieces. I wish I could have attended that class. I'm sorry to hear you still have that rotten cold. It's got to go away one of these days, right?