Saturday, October 11, 2008

Date Night

When I was in Utah helping my mom we watched the Hallmark Channel on TV a lot. Every night they would show the trailer for the movie Fireproof that was "coming to a theatre near you soon". I decided I really wanted to see this movie. Today I talked my hubby into going to it with me. (I enticed him with some of my Harkins gift cards). I totally enjoyed this film. It had a great message and was also entertaining. You can watch the trailer here. It was so refreshing to see a movie that supports marriage and the family rather than putting them down. After the movie we went and checked out a new restaurant called Cafe Laguna. They specialize in Fry Bread and the hubby and I were big fans. Yum, Yum! I had the original with shredded beef and my other half had the original with ground beef. We had a coupon - buy one get one half off - but the owners were extremely nice and gave us the family and friends discount that turned out to be half off everything. $10.00 for two "indian tacos" and drinks. It was definitely worth it. If you're ever in the vicinity of Power and Baseline in Mesa check them out. You won't regret it. It was a great date night!! Today I am thankful for my husband that I love very much. movie makers with morals. seventy five degree high temperatures.

4 comments:

mom of fab five said...

i have heard good things about that movie--Kurt Camron had his wife stand in for the kissing thing because he vowed to never to kiss another....great moral values! So about this restaurant....I think a field trip is due....

Mom Jones said...

I agree and count me in. I LOVE fry bread!

Mom Jones said...

By the way Dianne, "mom" is me your good friend, Kim Jones. I need to change that one of these days to something a bit more creative!

Dianne said...

I'd let you be my mom anyday! Sometimes I need a mom close by.