Saturday, October 4, 2008

Girl's Night Out

I am so lucky!
I have had a girl's night out.
with my daughters and
my pretend daughters
two Saturday nights in a row.

Last week
we all enjoyed Pork Barbacoa Salad
provided by the Stake Relief Society
and then watched the General Woman's Broadcast.
It was a wonderful meeting
and even better because
I got to share it with my girls.

Tonight we all went out to dinner
at Charlestons
while the boys attended
the Priesthood session of General Conference
and went out to dinner afterwards.




As you can see, some of us take our eating
a lot more seriously than others.



We laughed a lot
at things that weren't
all that funny.
We ate a lot
of garlic mashed potatoes
and glazed carrots,
although we all agreed
that the carrots needed
to be "burned" a little bit more.
We drank a lot
of nothing stronger than
water or diet Coke.
We had a really fun time.

Thanks girls for including me
in your Girl's Night Out.

Today I am thankful for

the females in my life.
a living prophet on the earth.
a loving Heavenly Father who knows who I am and the counsel that I need to hear.

No comments: