Friday, June 12, 2009

Kitchen Help

Tonight some of my friends and I helped in the kitchen at the wedding reception of another friend's daughter. It was a fun reception with good food and lots of yummy, yummy homemade cakes. The Hawaiian wedding cake with pineapple, coconut and nuts was my favorite. I know that because I sampled a few of the other ones too. A daughter of one of the friends came into the kitchen at one point, stood there for a few minutes and then said, "This is where the party is!" I hope word doesn't get out that the kitchen is the place to be at weddings, because then I might not get to hang out there as often. It is actually a lot of fun!
They had rented a photo booth for the wedding and all the guests could get their pictures taken. Then they cut the set of 6 pictures in half and you got to keep 3 and the strip with the other 3 were mounted in a wedding album where you could write messages to the newlyweds. It was a fun idea and the scrapbook turned out really cute. If any of you have a whole lot of extra money in the budget for your upcoming wedding you might want to consider it.
The kitchen help decided we needed to get our picture taken together. We gave the really cute pictures to the bride and groom and this is what we were left with. As you can see, we really had to squeeze into that photo booth.

Today I am grateful for

a daughter who makes me crepes for breakfast
another daughter and son-in-law who provided the fillings.
Good friends to help and hang out with.

One year ago today - The daughter's dolphin calling ability, Thursday night at the San Diego Temple

No comments: