Saturday, June 20, 2009

Code of Honor

Yesterday my oldest daughter informed me that the final installment of Betsy Brannon Green's Duty book series Code of Honor was on sale at Deseret Book and that she was on her way to buy it. I am a fan of most of this author's books and really liked the new direction she headed with this series, but I was a little bent out of shape at the way the second book ended - can you say cliffhanger? It seems like I have been waiting for a long, long time to find out what happens to Savannah. Well, last night the daughter handed the book off to me and today I finally got to see how all the loose ends were neatly tied up. Now that I have read the entire series I can honestly say that I enjoyed all 3 books a lot.

I am a fan of books that come in a series. I like the chance they provide for me to really get to know the characters. However, I prefer it when I discover a series where all the books have already been written and I can just check them all out at once and read to my hearts content. As soon as I am done with one installment I move right into the next one. I am definitely not patient when it comes to reading. I want to know what happens next and I want to know NOW! Do you hear me Suzanne Collins? NOW, not September 1st.

Today I am thankful for
a hubby that cooks be breakfast.
a daughter that buys books for me to read.
grocery stores.

One year ago today - Froggie Pajama Pants

2 comments:

mom of fab five said...

I heard that patience is a virtue--but i don't believe it....

missykac said...

We have just received this book from the library, thanks to Karen's fast fingers to put holds on them as soon as they are available. We scan the Seagull and Deseret Book flyers and she heads right to the Salt Lake County Library website. We're listening to the previous book on CD (while we work and clean - makes it easier) to review what's happened before. We're on the last CD - I'm not a fast worker. I'll let you know about my opinion as soon as I get it finished. We've been reading Lynn Gardner's new book the second in the Maggie MacKenzie Mystery series "Pursued". Read the first one ("Vanished")if you choose to read this series. Josi Kilpack has a new series (with yummy sounding recipes). I just finished the first one "Lemon Tarts". They are about a busybody who keeps sticking her nose in the events to try to find her own answers. Reminded me of Miss Eugena in Betsy Brannon Green books. Bet you can guess what I've been doing lately, ha!