Sunday, June 7, 2009

Good Night

We have Sunday Dinner with the in-laws quite a few Sundays during the month. Sometimes I am content to sit there for hours and visit and some weeks I am ready to eat and go home. Tonight was one of those very pleasant evenings where I was happy to sit and relax and just enjoy my family. All of our kids came and it seemed like they were each in a sociable mood and quite good company.


The youngest son entertained the littlest cousins (and next generation cousins) with horsey rides.


We all enjoyed watching him try to run and keep his pants up at the same time. I also think the flower behind his ear is a nice touch.

We had birthday cake for the youngest son and the roommate.


I think I should have paid better attention during our cake decorating classes. My cakes leave a little bit to be desired and yes, this son also chose cherry chip cake with cherry frosting. Not too masculine, but a delicious choice.


The son has done a good job of stretching out his birthday celebration this year. He gets to open a present a day. You know what they say about kids - they usually enjoy the wrapping as much as the gift.
Today I am thankful for

cooler weather.
sons who harmonize in the van.
watermelon.
the fact that the 2 inches on water on the bathroom floor came from the toilet tank and not the toilet bowl.

One year ago today - Died and gone to Heaven, Baby Blankie has seen better days

No comments: