Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today the hubby and I have been married for 26 years and guess what we did tonight to commemorate the occasion? Well, I went to Relief Society Enrichment night with my oldest daughter and the hubby finished up his home teaching with our youngest son. When I found out that Enrichment night was on our anniversary I was a little sad. It seems like getting together with my sisters in the Relief Society is such a rare occurrence anymore. I don't get to meet with them in Relief Society on Sunday and our ward seems to be a little light on having mid week activities. I really miss monthly enrichment meetings and the opportunity to socialize with the women in my ward (although I definitely don't miss planning those meetings and then executing the plan on a monthly basis). I asked my oldest son if it was wrong of me to want to go to Enrichment rather than to go out with my sweetheart. He seemed to be appalled that I would even consider the idea, but the more I thought about it, the more I really wanted to attend Enrichment. I discussed it with the hubby and he said whatever I wanted to do would be fine. He made the decision a little easier when he inadvertently scheduled a home teaching appointment on that night as well. I am pretty sure that I may be weird, but having my husband and son fulfill their home teaching responsibilities means a lot more to me than going out to dinner to celebrate my anniversary. One of the reasons I fell in love with my husband,way back when, was because I strongly believed that he was the kind of man who could get me and my children back to live with our Heavenly Father again some day. When I see him serving the Lord by serving others and magnifying his church callings I am reminded of why I married him in the first place. Oh, and by the way, I believe that I made the right decision 26 years ago and tonight as well.

Today I am thankful for

a husband who still loves me after 26 years.
the ability to look at the eternal perspective of life.
my Relief Society sisters.

One year ago today - Poopy little Poky, 25 years!

1 comment:

Danae said...

happy anniversary. I don't think it was wrong of you to go to R.S. Matt and I bought a microwave on our anniversary last year, how romantic! The weekend away did sound fun, however and now I am going to look closely at our angel Moroni to see if he is different than the Arizona Moroni!