Wednesday, March 25, 2009

BYU Idaho


My youngest daughter has been accepted to attend college at BYU Idaho in Rexburg, Idaho this Fall. She is very excited and we are excited for her. BYU Idaho has specific tracks that determine the months when you attend. I think they are based on your major, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the daughter found out today which track she is on. I don't remember the name of it but she will attend school from September to December, then be off from January to April and then return the end of April through August. I think this is definitely the best of both worlds for an almost Arizona Native (we moved here when she was 8 months old). She gets to miss most of the cold Idaho winter and the hot Arizona summer. I wonder if I can apply to BYU Idaho too? I could really enjoy cooler summers.

4 comments:

grandmaC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grandmaC said...

Oh, I think that will be really neat! What is she going to major in? That sounds absolutely wonderful! Congratulations, Janaya!!!

Angela said...

I am so excited for Janaya to attend BYU Idaho. I've only heard good things about the school and the students attending. What will she do with her little dog? Will she live with you when she's not in school? I can't wait to hear about her experience.

missykac said...

Wow,Janaya-something I didn't even know that you were considering. You are so full of surprises! Going to college away from home should be a really fun experience.
Are you braving it on your own or with someone else? Maybe we'll see you this summer, since you are heading up to Idaho. Hope so!