Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer Reading Program

Every summer when school gets out I have taken by kids to the library to sign up for the summer reading program. It has been a lot of fun to choose books and earn prizes. My two oldest kids even volunteered as staff for the program. It has been a memorable part of our summer. My oldest son won a bicycle one year in a reading program drawing. Wow, just for reading! Now that all my kids are older, I have missed this summer tradtion. I was really excited this year to read that our library was having a summer reading program for adults. You better believe I was down there the first day I could register. Just for registering I got a flash drive, a book bag, a Spanish/English dictionary and a COOKIE! They are going to have drawings every few weeks for gift cards and other prizes. Finally, an excuse to have to read! I love it!!

No comments: