Sunday, May 25, 2008

Frogs don't like orange peels.

Today in nursery one of the kids found a finger puppet frog during snack time. I put him on my finger and proceeded to provide some snack time entertainment. I did a lot of talking which got giggle after giggle out of all 6 of the children. Then they started to offer the frog some of their food. He was a fan of goldfish, oranges, cheese and strawberries, but he did not like the orange peels. Of course, once he showed his preference all of the sudden a couple of little boys got great delight out of trying to feed him orange peels in a number of creative ways. It was very entertaining.

I think it is so interesting that at 2 and 3 these little children of God already have their own unique personalities. They are so much fun to be around and have such a desire to learn new things.

Our lesson this week was "I am thankful for my ears". My oldest daughter and her husband laugh at the lesson topics we teach in nursery, but I think they are very inspired. I am indeed thankful for my ears. I would miss so much if I couldn't hear. Things like those endless giggles at the snack table and nursery singing time with musical instruments. Or perhaps the fart that just "accidentally" escaped from the 12-year-old neighbor we were driving home from church. Those sounds are much more enjoyable when they come from someone else's son. However, the thing I would have missed most today was my 22-year-old saying "I sure wish my brother would come home. Things just aren't the same when he's not here." That I would have never believed if I hadn't heard it with my own ears!

No comments: