Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fun with the ladies

My mom and sister-in-law have been visiting here this week while my brother attends a convention. It is so much fun to have people to join me in my favorite activities such as finding bargains at Goodwill, eating Apple Spinach Salad at Crackers, putting puzzles together, looking at pictures, reading, and talking. We have really been enjoying ourselves. My sister-in-law left her 5 boys home alone. Three of them are technically adults and therefore supposedly responsible and they have been managing quite well. While we were at Goodwill today she got a phone call from her youngest, who is 9. It started out with "We have an EMERGENCY!" followed by a dramatic pause. Worried, she asked what was wrong. "I have chapped lips." "And?" "I can't find any chap stick!" The emergency was quickly taken care of and hopefully that will be the biggest crisis they face for the rest of the week.


This was the puzzle we put together. I did all the easy pieces and I made my sister-in-law do all the hard parts. She was nice and didn't complain. The edge on this puzzle was curvey instead of straight which made it a bit of a challenge, especially when some of the pieces we needed were hidden under the table. My mom put all the people together and found the missing last piece that had jumped off the table, into the living room and under a chair. Lucky thing she dropped her cane right in the right spot!

No comments: