Saturday, May 31, 2008

An interesting source for inspiration

Today I was writing a talk on the Holy Ghost for tonight's baptism. I was looking for a quote that I had heard once so I googled some key words and found a great source. Two pages of quotes by church leaders and definitions of the Holy Ghost. The quotes even included pictures of the leader who had said it. I read through these quotes and was so inspired and added a couple of them to my talk. Wow, was I surprised when I got to the bottom of the second page and realized that this source was actually an ANTI-MORMON website. It's so interesting to me that 2 people can read exactly the same thing and one of them can be inspired and the other one can be turned off. I'm glad I was the one who was inspired. I am including one of the quotes I liked, but if you need some great info about the Holy Ghost you can check out this website . Just ignore the subtle jabs that are interspersed throughout.
"Elder Bruce R. McConkie said, “There is no price too high ... no sacrifice too great, if out of it all we ... enjoy the gift of the Holy Ghost” (A New Witness for the Articles of Faith [1984], 253). What are we willing to do, what weaknesses and indulgences will we give up, to have as our personal protector and guide the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost? It is a question worth asking, for let us be clear: The adversary delights in separating us, the sisters of this Church, from the Spirit."
- Sister Sheri L. Dew (Second Counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency), “We Are Not Alone,” Ensign, Nov. 1998, 94

No comments: