Sunday, November 18, 2012

Same Old, Same Old

Today while Shad's mom and dad were gone to church one of his doctors came to visit.

She talked (while Shad turned his back and totally ignored her), 
poked and prodded, 
and then told Shad, "tell your mom and dad 'same old, same old'  when they come back."  

Same old, same old is usually considered a little boring and undesirable, but I was happy with our same old, same old day.

No new challenges.

No new complications.

No new diagnoses.

No new traumas.

A lot of juice and milk drinking.

A lot of ipad movies and games.

A lot of temperature taking, arm hugging and pee pee emptying.

A lot of people in a small room trying not to drive each other crazy.

Familiar nurses.

Familiar surroundings.

Familiar crying each time an IV bag is switched out.

Familiar path to and from the hospital.

Same old, same old.  

I'll take it!

Today I am thankful for

the son-in-law.  I don't know very many guys that get excited about hanging out with the in-laws all day every day, but the son-in-law is very patient with our quirky family and puts up with a lot.  Yesterday he announced, "I think we could live on a space ship."  While rather random, I was happy to know that he felt he could live in a confined space with us and survive.  He is a great dad, a wonderful husband, a worthy priesthood holder and I appreciate all he does for my daughter and grandson.  He is amazing.



Shad's sweet little voice singing while we read "Pete the Cat - I Love My White Shoes".  Remember it's ALL GOOD!

E-mails, blog comments, texts, phone calls and prayers from friends and family.  They brighten my day so much.

1 comment:

Watson Family said...

Loads of love and continued prayers for your sweet Shad and entire family!